Thursday, December 4, 2008

School news

Yay! Last night we had elections for my department's organization E.S.S.A, which stands for Exercise & Sport Science Association, where I was elected as the Executive Secretary :) Hopefully all of us new executives have a great semester and make it great for all the members.

Within the organization we do a lot of fundraising and then with that money, the members can go to our majors conferences. KAHPERD, our state conference, was here in Louisville in the fall semester and the national conference, AAHPERD, will be in Tampa this spring.

So thats all exciting for me. New position, traveling, plus I will be doing my internship all this spring. Which I cant remember if I told everyone or not but within my internship, I have already kind of gotten a "promotion". Our night supervisor who is the next step down from our boss decided to step down from the responsibilities and I have to fill his shoes...which are big shoes. All of our staff has always looked to him. He does everything and knows everything and now I have to be him. So I'm really excited about that. I do have to warn you though, if you see me, my computer will be attached to my hip :) One of the responsibilities to keep up with the sublist so my email is going to get out of control.

Well, thats all my news. Scott is working like crazy on his Vegas project. This is the last week of classes. Next week is "dead week" but really thats just when everything is due and last of tests and quizzes. Then the 15th is the first day of Finals. Scott has his last final on the 19th then its a week at the Schwenk's household for Richard's birthday and Christmas! Then we will head up to Cincinnati for a week with my side of the family for a second Christmas and a little new year's party.

So we cant wait to be done with school and home hanging out with everyone! :)

0 comments: