Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Over already?!

I cant believe the holidays are over already. Time has just been flying by. First Thanksgiving with both families and a little cousin time in the city and then Christmas snuck up. We had so much! We had Christmas with the Schwenk's & Hope's on the 23rd. There were so many gifts. Scott got a ton of tools so hopefully now he can finish up his last few projects around the house :) I was def. spoiled. I got pretty much everything off my wish list.

Then, after working half a day Christmas eve, we made our way up to Cincinnati for our traditional Christmas Eve party. It was a blast! We played games and decorated ginger bread houses. My 3 year old cousin was the life of the party. He had us all rolling the whole night. For Christmas, I was so tempted to go and wake up Kristy like Eric & I did when we were kids but I didnt have too...all the dogs did it for me :) Mom & dad had their dog Macy and we had King Tut & Cleea. If Eric & Jes had brought their two, we would have really had a zoo :)

We finally got everyone up and moving and opened presents. Mom made her traditional brunch and we were pretty lazy most of the day. Later grandma, tata, and Carol & Andy came over and then the fun really started. We had dinner, played The Game of Things (and really learned a lot about each other) and then played the White Elephant game. It was so funny! Rich kept getting all the girly candles and Kristy opened up a scary fake sleeping cat. A few of us got an open box of hot chocolate and Scott got nuts.

Then the shopping began. I got up early and hit Target & K-mart while Scott went to Garden Ridge. We then made it to Walmart and the Mall. I found some great Christmas decoration deals but other than that, no one really found anything. Later that night, we met up with Uncle Larry, Aunt Betsy and the kids and went to the Cyclones Hockey game. It turned out to be a great fun game. They ended up losing but we still had fun.

I hated to leave but the weekend came to an end. Now I am not looking forward to taking down all the Christmas decorations :(

We have one last holiday of the year and we will be spending it with our friends from church. I cant wait!...

0 comments: