Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I love my family

This weekend was awesome! I dont get to see my cousins very often but I love when we do. Scott and I went to Cincinnati for a late Thanksgiving and it just so happened that my one cousin from Virginia was also in town...yay :) So Saturday, we all met down at my grandma's and we drove downtown for lunch. We ate at Skyline with dad and then headed to the ice skating rink.
Thankfully we did cuz SANTA was there! << go ahead & quote Elf, you know you want too! :) >> We were able to get a free photo with Santa...we made Halle sit on his lap cuz Jen felt she was too old :)
Then back to ice skating we went. It was a blast. It was Lauries 1st time and she did awesome! The best was when she was holding on to Halle and started to fall. So she let go of Halled to then pull down Jennifer along with her...it was hilarious. & Jobe was like a professional skater...he kept saying that he didnt remember how much fun it was...he was such a big kid out on the ice :)
We all got a little tired and headed over to Greater's for some ice cream when we ran into some more family.

It was great catching up with them. We then finally made it to Greater's where Halle & I discovered this heavenly ice cream called Buckeye Blitz. AmAzInG! It's chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate chunks (which I normally hate) and pieces of peanut butter cookie dough on top of a sugar cone.
Lets just say Scott and I were sharing and I wasnt even the hungary and yet I ate the whole thing :)
We still had some time left before Scott and I had to get back for our Thanksgiving dinner with mom & dad and so we jumped on the free trolly ride around downtown.
We boarded the Holly Jolly Trolly and went a few blocks up and then a few blocks down and then right back to where we started...but hey, it was free so who cares, it was still fun :) We also discovered that they were providing free horse carriage rides through town so we jumped in line for that too.
It too was just a few blocks down & around and smelled the whole time :)
It was a great time and now I cant wait for Christmas!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I'm with you - I think we all as a family should get together more often! I love getting to hang with my cousins and 2nd cousins! I'm glad you had a such a good weekend!