Thursday, January 21, 2010

It was a good one!

For how much I hate being away from my family...its kinda nice to spread the birthday fun :)
I got birthday gifts at Christmas which were awesome. Mom got me this really cute black & white coat (that I wear all the time!) & Kristy & Rich gave me a gift card to my little Heaven on Earth--> P.F. Chang's! yum! :)
Then, I had this past Monday off thanks to Mr. Martin Luther King Jr. I had planned on cleaning the house, grocery shopping, and whatever else that needed to be done that I just never do. Instead, it turned out to be a good one! First Papa Bear (my father-in-law) met me over at a store and he bought me this beautiful red top & a pair of jeans to match. Then Alina came and had lunch with us over at Dino's, an Italian restaurant.
Dad had called that morning and said "Happy Birthday, I'm on my way down" << oh how I love hearing those words! >> He made it right after I finished lunch and so of course what did we do...WE then went & had lunch :) Dad thought he was just coming down to take me on a birthday lunch but he forgets that I am my fathers daughter & asked if we could go down to Bobby's. (Bobby is our cousin that lives in McKee--> Jackson Co who has a farm.) So we packed up all 3 dogs and went to the hills. It was a blast. There were the hot wire fences everywhere & that didn't stop us. Instead of just walking up the hill, we took the long way around to let the dogs run. They ended up in the pond, eating cow poop, & just running themselves to death. From the pond, we managed to end up in one of the horse pins. Luckily we found our way out quickly :) Then headed behind the barn where we found one cow out lose from his pin. Not by experience, but I did learn that a cow can out run a human...who knew?! They seem like they would be slow.
On our way down the hill to head home, we ran into Brad & he told us of a program they have started for the kids in the area to learn how to ride & basically give them something to do so they can stay off the streets. So of course we had to go and see! :) It was stinkin cold but there were a bunch of kids there in their cute little helmets waiting for their turn to ride. I cant wait to go back and see if I can help with anything. Plus, I saw Dennie, my Sunday school teacher down there. So that is fun to know that he is involved :)

Tuesday was the actual day of my birth...10:37am to be exact! I had to work a long day and then Tuesday nights are always family dinner night over at Scott's parents. Scott (our brother-in-law) made a great homemade pizza and then we had cake & ice cream with presents to top it off :) I got a Kate Voegele cd, wine glass rack from under the cabinet, a laptop case, & water bottle.....I am very spoiled! :)
We then headed home. I walked in expecting to go right on the couch & veg out when all of a sudden these crazy people jumped out from inside my kitchen :) Oh Scott! You got me again with another surprise party...I wonder if every year, I will get surprised :) The best part though, when I walked in, (I'm just glad I didn't do anything embarrassing) but I did walk in saying "What is that smell" & then out jumps my friends...so now they are my "smelly" friends...love you guys!
I always have so much fun with them. They are great friends!

...It was a good one...

1 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm sad I wasn't apart of this year's surprise :( But I'm glad you had such a good birthday!
Love and miss you guys!