So Scott and I have started a college ministry with our Vineyard of London Church. Where it's summer and most of the students are Cumberland studnets and dont live here in the summer, we decided on just a small book study to build a core group/friendships. The guys are reading Wild At Heart and us ladies are reading Captivating. I know you are sick of seeing nothing but cakes on here so I figures that I will post notes about what we are reading weekely. I would love for you to get the book and follow along. It is a great book and really puts into perspective why us women act like "women". So here are my notes; hope they make sense :)
A Womans Journey:
-What does it mean to be a woman?
--How are women suppose to be or act? (independent? strong? busy? less emotional?)
--How do movies and books tell us to be? (we dont need men or that we are depent of them)
--How does the church tell us to be? (just serve)
-How do you generally feel as a woman? (like a failure? tired? guilty?
Unseen, Unsought, Uncertain:
-What do you long for? Desires? (intimacy, adventure, beauty, a great story)
-What is the message from our culture & church? (try harder)
The Heart of a Woman:
-The most important thing about us:
--Our heart--> Prov. 4:23
--It is the core of who we are
--Gen. 1:27=Our heart is made from God's image and heart
To Be Romanced:
-Desire:
-Every woman wants to be seen, wanted & pursued (just like God)
-We want to be romanced
An Irreplaceable Role in a Great Adventure:
-We have something fierce in us
--Don't mess with our kids or family
--We are warriors
--We need to be needed
Beauty to unveil:
-"Am I lovely?"
-We love to play dress up; school dances; weddings; play cops & robbers
-The desire to be beautiful is ageless
-The desire is a love/hate feeling (ex. "hate" being hit on but deep down love it)
-Need to remember outward beauty is nothing without inward beauty of the heart
The Heart of a Man:
-Uniquely Masculine
--wants a battle to fight, weapons, action movies
-Men long for adventure
--climb, jump, bikes, boats. test their limits
-Longs for a beauty to rescue
--try to impress us
--love having a girls picture in their wallet
*See how the desires of a mans heart and desires of a woman's heart are meant to fit together?
Conclusion:
The longings God has written deep in your heart are telling you something essential about what it means to be a woman and the life He meant for you to live. (Most women will live 2 lives of being busy, efficient, and getting by at day but at night are living in a fantasy world of romance novels, movies, food, and even addictions)
*You can find that life He meant for you if you are willing to embark on a great adventure. YOU are Glorious, YOU are Powerful, YOU are Captivating
And Shocker! another cake already this week...
6 years ago




1 comments:
Both books are great books to be diving through. I have actually thought about passing Captivating along to a friend. I wouldn't mind reading it again myself. I'm excited both of you are stepping up as leaders. I'm so proud of you. :)
Post a Comment